Static assets haunt me...

Thanasis Delenikas

Oct 23, 2016, 11:32:24 AM10/23/16
to Google App Engine
Hello,

I have a bit of a problem:

I've found out that if I remove static assets (i.e. .html files) from a previously deployed GAE/Java project and I re-deploy the project, these (now removed) static assets are still served from GAE.

I've set minimum cache on these static assets (<include path="/**.html" expiration="1m" />), but this does not solve the issue.

Even if I deploy my GAE/Java project as a different version and migrate the traffic, these assets are *still* being served.

If I change the assets' content, the new content is served almost immediately, but if I remove them they seem to never get removed!

Am I going crazy or what?...

Thanks,
Thanasis.

Nick

Oct 23, 2016, 4:39:21 PM10/23/16
to Google App Engine
Whatever build took you're using, make sure you do a 'clean' before your 'build/dist'.

The assets are probably just in your staging folder locally and being included in the upload bundle.

Thanasis Delenikas

Oct 25, 2016, 3:29:56 PM10/25/16
to Google App Engine
Ok.. this is the moment when you say to yourself "why didn't I think about it..."

Thanks! :)