Unable to verify domain registered on Fatcow

NP

Jan 15, 2018, 1:23:50 PM1/15/18
to Google App Engine
Hello,

A friend registered a domain on Fatcow and is trying to map this to an App Engine Project. The first step in adding a custom domain name says to verify the domain. She has tried both the TXT and CNAME methods and it's been 2 days but webcentral still says it is unable to verify the domain. Anybody know how to solve this issue?

Vick Khera

Jan 15, 2018, 3:16:58 PM1/15/18
to Google App Engine
On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 1:23:50 PM UTC-5, NP wrote:
Hello,

A friend registered a domain on Fatcow and is trying to map this to an App Engine Project. The first step in adding a custom domain name says to verify the domain. She has tried both the TXT and CNAME methods and it's been 2 days but webcentral still says it is unable to verify the domain. Anybody know how to solve this issue?

Can you manually verify either from another host? ie, can you look up the DNS name using nslookup or dig or some equivalent tool?

NP

Jan 15, 2018, 8:48:42 PM1/15/18
to Google App Engine
Hi Vick,

I just tried (using https://www.digwebinterface.com and https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/) and they both don't return the values that I created for Google.

I just noticed that Fatcow control panel has a tab for 'Pointers' and it shows the domain as 'Parked'. Do you know if this could be the cause of this issue?

Vick Khera

Jan 15, 2018, 9:20:34 PM1/15/18
to Google App Engine

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 8:48:42 PM UTC-5, NP wrote:
Hi Vick,

I just tried (using https://www.digwebinterface.com and https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/) and they both don't return the values that I created for Google.

I just noticed that Fatcow control panel has a tab for 'Pointers' and it shows the domain as 'Parked'. Do you know if this could be the cause of this issue?

I don't know their definition of "parked" but when I have used that in the past I intended it to mean that it has no data of its own and just sits there with an empty zone. It sounds like the DNS is not published for that zone, which is exactly why it cannot be verified. Time to call fatcow support and get them to tell you how to set up DNS records.

Karthick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 16, 2018, 2:11:58 PM1/16/18
to Google App Engine
Hello,

As already advised by Vick, If you are unable to verify DNS in the Google Tool box after following this document, kindly follow up with fatcow support directly for assistance. Also, you can still post a topic in Webmaster Help Forum

NP

Jan 17, 2018, 2:56:49 PM1/17/18
to Google App Engine
Thanks Vick,

My friend followed up with fatcow and finally got the issue resolved (took some time though).