Why my backend instance hour is over quota?

A. Kong

Jul 2, 2015, 2:17:28 AM7/2/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have set up a backend module with this setting:

module: backend

version: "v2-0-57"

runtime: python27

api_version: 1

threadsafe: no

manual_scaling:

  instances: 1

So I expect, in last 24 hour, it should at most use up 24 backend instance hour.

However according to the dashbroad (see screenshot attached) I have actually used almost 69 hours.  Why it can go beyond 24 hour, which I believe is the maximum a single backend instance can incur in one day?

Cheers, Tony

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 4.11.59 pm.png

Ryan (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 2, 2015, 9:55:00 AM7/2/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, anthony...@gmail.com
The number of hours can be greater than 24 if you have a higher tier of instance. As is stated here:

Important: When you are billed for instance hours, you will not see any instance classes in your billing line items. Instead, you will see the appropriate multiple of instance hours. For example, if you use an F4 instance for one hour, you do not see "F4" listed, but you will see billing for four instance hours at the F1 rate.