queue.xml changed but new queue is not added....

Trez Ertzzer

May 13, 2017, 7:57:13 PM5/13/17
to Google App Engine
hello.
I have java project.
here is the queue.xml file (it is in "echo/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF" folder).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>

<queue-entries>

<!--Change the refresh rate of the default queue to 1/s -->

<queue>

<name>default</name>

<rate>1/s</rate>

</queue>

<queue>

<name>charge</name>

<rate>20/s</rate>

</queue>

<queue>

<name>sendSms</name>

<rate>1/s</rate>

</queue>

<queue>

<name>alreadyExisting</name>

<rate>1/s</rate>

</queue>

<queue>

<name>testSendPosition</name>

<rate>20/s</rate>

</queue>

<queue>

<name>findOwner</name>

<rate>20/s</rate>

</queue>

</queue-entries>

I do not understand why but I deployed the app using "mvn clean package appengine:deploy -Dmaven.test.skip=true"  (as I am used to do...)

but I do not get the "charge" queue...

here is a screen of what I see in my google developper console dashboard...

So when I try to use the "charge" queue I have an error cause it's like it's not there....

did I forget anything? did I do an obvious mistake?

thank you for the help.

Capture d’écran 2017-05-14 à 01.51.54.png

Nicholas (Google Cloud Support)

May 16, 2017, 5:05:40 PM5/16/17
to Google App Engine
As far as I can see, your queue.xml does seem to meet the expectations documented in the queue.xml Reference.  I will assume from your example that you are curently using the Cloud SDK-based Maven plugin.  If so, I would suggest converting your queue.xml to a queue.yaml and using the Maven goal appengine:deployQueue to deploy the queue configuration explicitly when deploying your service.

Is the queue successfully configured when deploying it explicitly in the way I've described above?

Trez Ertzzer

May 19, 2017, 6:52:09 PM5/19/17
to Google App Engine
Hello.
thank you for your reply.
I indeed use maven plugin.

I must tell you that the queue.yaml is generated automatically in the maven target folder. (I do not know how but it is auto generated.)
so I copied it next to my queue.xml in my source files.

I tried to deploy my app
with
 "mvn clean package appengine:deploy -Dmaven.test.skip=true"

--> tasks are still not really uploaded in the cloud...

I use the command:

 mvn appengine:deployQueue -Dmaven.test.skip=true

--> it works.

--> there is clearly an issue with the plugin. (I use the 1.3.1 version: the current last version).

thank you for you help.

Nicholas (Google Cloud Support)

May 30, 2017, 3:14:30 PM5/30/17
to Google App Engine
Based on the appengine:deploy documentation, the default value for deployables appears to be app.yaml as found in your staging directory.  You could explicitly add it using the -Dapp.deploy.deployables=<deployables> option.  Given the documentation, I believe this to be the intended behavior of the plugin.

Nevertheless, if the plugin does not behave as documented, feel free to file a new issue on our Issue Tracker.  If the behavior documentation seems unclear, we welcome your suggestions.  Feel free to use the Send feedback link at the top of the previously-mentioned article for this to be reviewed by the documentation team.