Question regarding deleting entities from datastore

Kenchu

Jul 28, 2015, 5:52:29 PM7/28/15
to Google App Engine
I've noticed that if I delete entities through the dashboard interface, you can still access them if you have a key. They won't show up in queries but the keys still returns entities.

Is this by design? It seems kinda strange to me.

Mihail Russu

Jul 29, 2015, 5:23:40 AM7/29/15
to Google App Engine, swek...@gmail.com
Try flushing memcache and see if the issue persists.

( You're probably getting the entity by key via ndb / objectify /etc that will query memcache / in-context cache first whether an entity exists & only then query the datastore. Since you removed the entity directly from the datastore and not the way you put it there - memcache had no way of knowing that and thus keeps returning things until it expires / gets flushed. See more details here, so yeah, it's probably working as expected. )

Thanks,
Mihail.