Java Vs Python Foot Race

Brandon Wirtz

May 22, 2011, 5:33:59 AM5/22/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

I just finished a re-write of an early version of my App from Python to Java. This is not my full Latest Release app, but it is the same as a version that has been deployed for months. Both versions do the same things, are compatible in every way.  I haven’t been running that long, but it appears I have gone from 20 instances down to 1.  I’ll give a full report in 8 hours when I have enough data to know for sure.

I fully expect that the scale factor of this app will be a strong indicator of the scale of the full app.   (This re-write took about 3 hours and is almost a line for line translation)

-Brandon