is it possible to deploy google app engine launcher ?

orijinal swq

Apr 15, 2015, 9:10:35 AM4/15/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I want to create an app that asks user's gmail email and password and uploads a specific project. it is like cloning the project. is this possible with python gae?

Vinny P

Apr 15, 2015, 6:08:07 PM4/15/15
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 7:49 AM, orijinal swq <fuy...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to create an app that asks user's gmail email and password and uploads a specific project. it is like cloning the project. is this possible with python gae?

It's certainly possible; a similar flow is used by the C9 IDE when they deploy an App Engine application: https://c9.io/site/blog/2013/07/deploy-to-google-app-engine-with-cloud9-and-git/

However, C9 deploys using Git Push To Deploy - to replicate their method, you would need to run a git client in your application and that means you'll have to find a pure-Python implementation of git. You can try using this library: https://github.com/jelmer/dulwich which should work. Otherwise you can run any git library within a Managed VM and use it to push to GAE's Push To Deploy repo.

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com