Searching for Same phrase. Multiple alternatives.

Hashem ElAssad

Jun 14, 2018, 8:50:19 AM6/14/18
to Google App Engine

Hi there,

Is there a way/tool/ search engine that would allow me to search for multiple variations of the same phrase at the same time?

For example, I want to search for "revealing his true belief". But I also want to search for all the phrases that have the same or similar meaning like"betraying  their real opinion".

The total number of words here is 8 but there are many different ways to combine the words so there are many different potential alternative phrases: "revealing his true opinion" "revealing his real opinion"  "betraying our real opinion" etc….

Is there a way to accomplish this in two conditions?

1-       I determine the alternatives. So I specify that for "word 1 word 2 word 3 word4", the alternatives for word 1 are: Only revealing or showing.

2-       Use all the possible synonyms or even antonyms for "revealing" in word 1.

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 14, 2018, 2:50:18 PM6/14/18
to Google App Engine
Hello Hashem,

Combining words at random does not result in a meaningful phrase in all cases. To get synonyms and antonyms for a word you need to search a dictionary. To get the possible meaning of a group of words, when replacing word1 with synonyms and antonyms, a dictionary is the place to search as well. Google Search Engine and similar search tools are meant to search the Internet. The result of this search is a list of possible matches from the Internet, that is web pages or various matching sites. It would not really be productive to use a web search engine as a dictionary.

You have posted your issue here in the group for Google app developers. This group offers a place for discussing issues with the app engine services and infrastructure. Your issue seems to be of a linguistic nature; you would be better advised to search an online dictionary or a dedicated linguistics forum.