Google Cloud Endpoints v2 framework (python) in the SDK?

Ivo Bellin Salarin

Sep 22, 2017, 10:01:29 AM9/22/17
to Google App Engine
Hi all,

May I ask you if the google cloud endpoints v2 will be available as part of the appengine standard SDK? When do you think that it will be included?

Reminder: today, we have to include it as a thirdparty library, and use vendor.add in order to use it. This contributes to explose the 10k files threshold for a appengine standard deploy.

Thanks,
Ivo

Shivam(Google Cloud Support)

Sep 22, 2017, 3:17:24 PM9/22/17
to Google App Engine
I understand your concern but this is not a valid feature request and I’ll explain why. Cloud Endpoints is a concept which applies to many resources(such as Compute Engine, Container Engine etc.) and not just App Engine. You can find the list here

It helps you create, deploy, protect, monitor, analyze, and serve your APIs using the same infrastructure Google uses for its own APIs. You can use any language and framework to write an API, add an OpenAPI specification or gRPC API configuration, and Cloud Endpoints will monitor and protect your API. So it is like a general availability product.

Ivo Bellin Salarin

Sep 23, 2017, 6:33:25 AM9/23/17
to Google App Engine

Let me precise my question given your answer:
When will be the endpoints framework on that page be included with the appengine sdk, if it will?
The endpoints framework is available only for GAE standard (Java and python), according to your link. Since we are talking about a python app, including one library means including about 6k files (gross estimate). And is 60% of the number of files limit Google allows for a GAE application.

Ivo Bellin Salarin

Sep 27, 2017, 5:11:47 AM9/27/17
to Google App Engine

(just bouncing to get an answer)

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 29, 2017, 4:53:08 PM9/29/17
to Google App Engine
Hello Ivo, sorry it took us a while to get back to you.

You should create an issue on the Issue Tracker and detail which specific libraries you believe need to be integrated into the SDK as well as why you believe the current situation is not workable for you.