New Pricing

pdknsk

Mar 25, 2014, 2:44:52 PM3/25/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
The most significant changes I spotted.

Instances hours base price is reduced from $0.08 to $0.05 now.
Blobstore reduced from $0.13 to $0.026 am I reading this right?! Also applies to Logs and Taskstore, both $0.24 previously.
Dedicated Memcache price halved.
Small datastore operations free!

No MB increase for instances unfortunately.

Kaan Soral

Mar 25, 2014, 2:53:06 PM3/25/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking of starting a thread about this too, thanks for the information :)
Funnily both of my main apps have 0 small datastore operations, interesting :)

Anyway, great news

pdknsk

Mar 25, 2014, 3:00:33 PM3/25/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
How am I supposed to interpret "Sending Email: No Additional Charge" I wonder.

PK

Mar 25, 2014, 2:59:45 PM3/25/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, Kaan Soral
Same observation looking at my main app on small datastore operations: $0
Since I was preallocating discounted hours I was paying $.05 anyways.

Are discounted hours going away? I do not see a mention in the new price list effective Apr. 1st

pdknsk

Mar 25, 2014, 3:02:27 PM3/25/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
"Up to five SNI SSL certificate slots per month are offered for no additional charge."

Written in very small type.

PK

Mar 25, 2014, 3:02:14 PM3/25/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I also see in the new Pricing list “E-mail API: Fee: 100 recipients More: Contact Sales”, anybody has some insight on this?

Chad Vincent

Mar 25, 2014, 3:24:39 PM3/25/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
That's how it's always been...  100 recipient cap until you request a higher cap to discourage spammers from using AppEngine as a distribution platform.

Vinny P

Mar 25, 2014, 3:33:48 PM3/25/14
On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:02:27 PM UTC-5, pdknsk wrote:
"Up to five SNI SSL certificate slots per month are offered for no additional charge."

My favorite part of the announcement right here. HTTPS for everyone!

Rafael

Mar 25, 2014, 4:03:43 PM3/25/14
to google-appengine, Kaan Soral
Any kind of price decreasing on AppEngine is great news for everyone in this community. Hopefully the new price will reflect in our bill at the end of the month.

I was thinking discounted instance hours was 0.04 for people using the support packages. Was I wrong and it is 0.05 instead?

Marcel Manz

Mar 25, 2014, 6:24:10 PM3/25/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Great to see the reduced pricing and that key-only queries become free of charge.

Would have liked to see a decrease on datastore storage pricing too, especially as Google reduced pricing on all other storage services like blob, GCS, Drive etc.

Marcel

James Foster

Mar 25, 2014, 7:20:35 PM3/25/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
That's not the case. I have an app that is regularly sending to >100 recipients/day. I had never requested that any cap be lifted.

Even in the dashboard of any paid app you can see that there currently isn't a cap in the "Recipients Emailed" column. ("$0.01/ 100 Recipients")

Alexis

Mar 26, 2014, 6:07:34 AM3/26/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
What about Channel API?
It used to be priced $0.01 / channel opened, but I no longer see it mentioned in the pricing page (neither as bundled or paid service):

bFlood

Mar 26, 2014, 9:14:02 AM3/26/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Search API - did the price increase? simple/complex searches have been blended into one price that's closer to the old complex one (?)

pdknsk

Mar 26, 2014, 12:03:35 PM3/26/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
That's not the case. I have an app that is regularly sending to >100 recipients/day. I had never requested that any cap be lifted.

That's because old apps are/were not affected.

Chad Vincent

Mar 26, 2014, 3:56:14 PM3/26/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Even BigQuery is cheaper for storage than Datastore now.  Totally helps us, since BQ is a better solution for one of our data entities anyway, and the rest should fit in the 1GB free for the foreseeable future.

Emanuele Ziglioli

Mar 26, 2014, 6:58:24 PM3/26/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Same here, old app :-)

A large e-mail volume is absolutely essential for our app, that's how Iridium works

Philip

Mar 26, 2014, 7:27:39 PM3/26/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
It would be great if Google would have changed the prices for bandwidth as well. Its sad there is no volume discount.

Andrew Miller

Apr 15, 2014, 6:26:42 PM4/15/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I would also love to know this too, I have been holding back on some development features because of the channel pricing. But if its only quota driven now, than that changes a lot for me.