Stackdriver Debugger for flexible environment

Amaury Gauthier

Jun 9, 2016, 12:33:31 PM6/9/16
to Google App Engine
Hello,

On this page we can read:
Stackdriver Debugger is enabled automatically for Python applications running in the Google App Engine standardenvironment and the Google App Engine flexible environment using the python-compat runtime. It is not currently supported for Python applications running in the flexible environment with a custom (non-compat) or default (runtime: python) runtime.

I deployed on AppEngine a python-compat module on the flex environment but when I open Stackdriver Debugger, I get a message telling me that it is not compatible with python-compat:

I am a little confused...
Does the Stackdriver Debugger really support the python-compat runtime?

Cheers,
Amaury

Jon Parrott

Jun 9, 2016, 3:24:33 PM6/9/16
to Google App Engine
This is a known issue and we're working on fixing it.
Message has been deleted

Nicholas (Google Cloud Support)

Jun 14, 2016, 5:22:58 PM6/14/16
to Google App Engine
Thanks for sharing your experience here.  Stackdriver Debugger does support the python-compat runtime albeit currently in Beta.  I was able to successfully use it with a python-compat module I deployed today.  To get a better idea what might be going on, I would need some additional information:
  • When did you encounter this error message?
  • Have you tried to recommit/push and redeploy in the past day or two?
  • Do you get the same error message deploying a "Hello, world" sample application with the python-compat runtime?
With the above information, I should be in a better position to determine if this warrants further troubleshooting or if this aligns with some recent changes to backend and frontend of Stackdriver Debugger.