502 errors on python flexible

Daniel Cook

Dec 11, 2017, 9:12:54 AM12/11/17
to Google App Engine
I've been seeing a steady increase in 502 rates on my app. It's not correlated with any updates to the codebase but I did recently switch over the managed SSL certificates within the appengine environment. I'm using a flask-based python app in the flexible environment.

Any idea what might be going on? I don't see anything meaningful in the logs.
Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 8.26.30 PM.png

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Dec 11, 2017, 1:56:34 PM12/11/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
You are right looking into the error's correlation with other activities. I wonder if there is one with the latency and/or traffic from your application on those time periods. I would also recommend checking if it's coming from the same API.

Daniel Cook

Dec 11, 2017, 6:19:16 PM12/11/17
to Google App Engine
Looks like when I ssh...if I wait for a bit I'll see the following message:

(Mon Dec 11 23:Power button pressed
The system is going down for system halt NOW!

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Dec 12, 2017, 12:24:04 PM12/12/17
to Google App Engine

Hi Daniel, thank you for providing more information. However, a thread like this is off-topic for Google Groups. As it may potentially be a defect on the platform and most likely lead to a specific situation which may require some exchange of project information to reproduce the behavior you described, I highly encourage you to submit a defect report as described in this article so that proper attention and weight will be given to it. We monitor that issue tracker closely.

We look forward to this issue report.