App Engine site returning 503 Over Quota when I am under quota and have billing enabled

Elaine Ou

Sep 8, 2013, 4:53:56 PM9/8/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

I've had this problem for 3 days now -- My App Engine site is returning 503 Over Quota Error, but in my dashboard quota details, (https://appengine.google.com/dashboard/quotadetails) all rows show that the rate is "Okay".

Furthermore, I have billing enabled for my account so I don't know why this would arise.

Are there other sources of quota violations that are not listed on the Quota Details page?

Thank you!

Vinny P

Sep 11, 2013, 7:29:12 PM9/11/13
On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Elaine Ou <elai...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've had this problem for 3 days now -- My App Engine site is returning 503 Over Quota Error, but in my dashboard quota details, (https://appengine.google.com/dashboard/quotadetails) all rows show that the rate is "Okay".

Furthermore, I have billing enabled for my account so I don't know why this would arise.

Is every page returning a 503 Over Quota error? Have you made at least 1 payment on your account?

Try reuploading your application and clearing the application's memcache (there's a button for that in the Memcache Viewer screen in the admin console).

-----------------
-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com

Creative Cubs

Jun 24, 2015, 1:06:33 AM6/24/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Enabling billing is not sufficient.  You need to set app engine daily quotas, for app engine to provision new instances beyond free tier.

Ryan (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 24, 2015, 9:14:36 AM6/24/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, sarath....@gmail.com
Creative Cubs' answer will most likely fix your issue. If after adding a daily budget of at least one penny you are still hitting that error you might be hitting a safety limit. Make sure you are not doing any bursty calls.