Not able to deploy application with GAE 1.6.1

Deepak Singh

Jan 16, 2012, 12:24:17 PM1/16/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I recently upgraded to GAE 1.6.1.

When i deploy my app through Eclipse deploy option, it gives me Invalid OATH exception.

And when i do rollback through command prompt, it gives me the following exception

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version n
umber in .class file
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)

And, when i do the rollback using GAE 1.5.5 which i was using earlier, it does fine.

Can some one has any idea about it?

Also, Does it make any difference to the production if i deploy my app using 1.5.5 instead of 1.6.1 as i believe that production server must be using the latest version of GAE?

Thanks
Deepak

--
Deepak Singh

Ikai Lan (Google)

Jan 17, 2012, 1:50:18 PM1/17/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
What's the version number you are using?

--
Ikai Lan

Deepak Singh

Jan 17, 2012, 2:10:42 PM1/17/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
GAE 1.6.1
I am able to deploy but rollback gives the mentioned exception.

So, for rollback i use GAE 1.5.5 and it does fine.

Thus, there is an issue to do rollback using GAE 1.6.1

Also, Does it make any difference to the production if i deploy my app using 1.6.1 and if required i rollback using  1.5.5 ?
I believe that production server must be using the latest version of GAE. Right?

Thanks
Deepak
--
Deepak Singh

Ikai Lan (Google)

Jan 18, 2012, 2:13:43 PM1/18/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
No, I mean the version number in your appengine-web.xml file. The stack trace seems to think you have a bad version.

--
Ikai Lan

Deepak Singh

Jan 18, 2012, 2:46:28 PM1/18/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
aapengine-web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<appengine-web-app xmlns="http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0">
<application>yatrafinderdevenv</application>
<version>1</version>

------

Thanks
Deepak

Deepak Singh

Jan 19, 2012, 1:51:51 PM1/19/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Any suggestion to resolve this error ?
--
Deepak Singh

Robert Kluin

Jan 19, 2012, 11:45:43 PM1/19/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deepak,
You might try changing the version number. I know, with Python,
I've had version numbers get screwed up and needed to change it before
the deploy would go through.

Robert

Simon Knott

Jan 20, 2012, 1:15:38 AM1/20/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Have you recently installed JDK 7 at all?  It looks like something is either trying or has compiled one of your JSPs/classes in JDK 7.