How to specify a region for AppEngine Flexible

Jungho Ahn

Aug 15, 2016, 4:08:15 PM8/15/16
to Google App Engine
Hello,

Is there any way to specify a region for AppEngine Flexible.
I'd like to deploy it in like "us-central1-c"?

Thanks,

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 16, 2016, 2:20:59 PM8/16/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Jungho,

For now, as far as I'm aware, this is not possible. I've created a thread in the Public Issue Tracker where progress on this can be watched by starring the issue.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

Lorne Kligerman

Aug 17, 2016, 1:32:13 PM8/17/16
to Google App Engine
Hi Jungho,

Both App Engine standard and flexible versions when deployed will go to the same region which was selected when you created the Cloud project.

Cheers,
Lorne.
Product Manager - App Engine

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 17, 2016, 2:52:53 PM8/17/16
to Google App Engine
Just a quick addition to the last message by Lorne, apps deployed in the EU currently don't have access to Flexible Environment runtimes, but of course we've received many requests for this and we're always working to make the best services available to as many users as possible.

Regards,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

Mattia Iavarone

Sep 5, 2016, 5:36:25 PM9/5/16
to Google App Engine
Hi Nick,

is there any ETA for this feature? Days, weeks, months?

Thank you.

Alex Martelli

Sep 5, 2016, 10:46:18 PM9/5/16
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Mattia,

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Mattia Iavarone <mat.ia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Nick,

is there any ETA for this feature? Days, weeks, months?

che io sappia, Google non ha mai annunciato in anticipo simili aspetti della roadmap ; sicuramente non vi sono preannunci in questo specifico caso.

(Mi scuso dell'intrusione, ma, da Italiano espatriato, colgo la rara occasione di scrivere nel nostro bel linguaggio:-).

Alex