Feedback on App Engine Task Queue

Steren Giannini

Sep 22, 2017, 11:34:45 AM9/22/17
to Google App Engine
Dear App Engine users,

If you are using App Engine Task Queue, please take one minute to answer these three questions: https://goo.gl/forms/Eaag1Ftl8X8YKiht2

Your feedback will help us build a better service.

Thanks,
Steren
Product Manager, Google Cloud Platform

Shaharia Azam

Oct 4, 2017, 10:14:34 AM10/4/17
to Google App Engine
Thanks @Steren,
I finished those answer already.

Thanks.

Attila-Mihaly Balazs

Dec 24, 2017, 1:48:53 AM12/24/17
to Google App Engine
This is somewhat old, but something just came to mind (and unfortunately the poll doesn't offer a "free-text, give us your own words" option):

In addition to what is mentioned in the survey, I would really the following:

- auto-sharding for PULL queues (so that I don't have to create and manage multiple queues to work around the 10 pulls / second limitation)
- priorities for PUSH and PULL queues (again, this can be implemented by a combination of custom code + queues, but it would be nicer for Google to handle this)
- batching of PUSH tasks

Having these would make my life so much easier!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Attila

Ravi Shanker

Dec 24, 2017, 12:15:01 PM12/24/17
to Google App Engine
Hello,

One of our client I suggested to use AppEngine  but when I tried to setup demo app to show him getting error while same application working fine on local.
I am fallowing https://cloud.google.com/community/tutorials/run-laravel-on-appengine-flexible this tutorial but it giving (SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory) this error
I am using laravel 5.5.27
Error screen shot : http://prntscr.com/hrmrxw
My app.yml screen shot : http://prntscr.com/hrms71

Edgar Doken

Jan 23, 2018, 6:56:41 PM1/23/18
to Google App Engine
Been getting the same error too. Couldn't figure out what caused it.

Were you able to fix it?

Shaharia Azam

Feb 6, 2018, 4:30:43 PM2/6/18
to Google App Engine
You have to set DB_HOST to null because you have to mention either DB HOST or DB SOCKET. And what driver you used as your cache driver? MySQL or file system?