MQTT on GCE

Sriram Sivakumar

Nov 24, 2016, 9:17:55 AM11/24/16
to Google App Engine
Hi,
I'm new to this community. I'm trying to setup MQTT broker in my GCE running Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS. I was successful in installing MQTT broker, however, when I try to connect from my Raspberry Pi's Node-RED instance to the GCE's MQTT broker, I am not able to connect. I've already allowed tcp:1883 under the firewall settings in GCE. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

-
Ram

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Nov 24, 2016, 8:47:45 PM11/24/16
to Google App Engine

Hey Sriram,

To be able to help you troubleshooting this issue, I'd need some more information:

- What is the output of the netstat -plnt command if run it inside the Ubuntu VM?
- What error messages are you getting when trying to connect to MQTT broker from your client (Raspberry Pi)?
- What steps did you take to install and configure your Mosquito service on Ubuntu VM?

Sincerely,