ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) Error Response: [13] An internal error occurred while creating a Google Cloud Storage bucket.

Priyanka Kshatriya

Nov 12, 2017, 11:53:04 AM11/12/17
to Google App Engine

Hi ,

I have created a simple Node.js application and trying to deploy it to Google Cloud using  command  - gcloud app deploy
There is an error -

Updating service [default]...failed.
ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) Error Response: [13] An internal error occurred while creating a Google Cloud Storage bucket.

Files in project intelligent-planner

1. app.yaml
    runtime: nodejs
    env: flex

2. package.json
    {
"type": "service_account",
"project_id": "intelligent-planner",

  "scripts": {
       "start": "node main.js"
   },
  "dependencies": {
    "uuid": "^3.0.1"
  }
}

main.js
console.log("Hello World");

I created service account in GCP console. Added environment variable on my local machine- >GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS to point to the downloaded service account  JSON file .

Please let me know if I am missing any step while deploying the app or any configuration/setting in GCP.

Thanks ,
Priyanka

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Nov 12, 2017, 1:45:53 PM11/12/17
to Google App Engine

Hi Priyanka,

Does the service account that you used to deploy your application have appropriate permissions to Cloud Storage? After creating a service account you will need to grant a right role to it to be able to deploy an application. Please visit this article for a list of App Engine IAM Roles and their descriptions.

I hope this helps