"Why Google App Engine?"

Jeff Schnitzer

Jul 14, 2015, 3:37:15 PM7/14/15
to Google App Engine
This should be required reading for anyone that thinks the datastore is too complicated:

http://status.circleci.com/incidents/hr0mm9xmm3x6

Note that they still don't know what _really_ caused the problem other than "too much load". Their solution is "faster hardware makes it less likely". <slow handclap>

Jeff

Jeff Schnitzer

Jul 23, 2015, 3:50:54 PM7/23/15
to Google App Engine

Wilson MacGyver

Jul 23, 2015, 3:57:18 PM7/23/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I've always felt the datastore is the killer feature for GAE. while it's been opened up to REST access so you can use it without GAE. Last time I checked GAE still access the datastore much faster.

but they do have competition this area now though. the Amazon dynamodb is pretty decent from what I've seen of it.