Request to not use Maven in GAE

Mike D

Apr 21, 2014, 2:51:16 PM4/21/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
It seems like Maven is working its way into GAE.  I would like to make my preference known to the GAE team.  I prefer to not use Maven.  I find it better to expand upon the GPE and simply provide documentation for how to set up a configuration.

Vinny P

Apr 23, 2014, 3:05:00 AM4/23/14
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Mike D <mdichi...@fittrace.com> wrote:
It seems like Maven is working its way into GAE.  I would like to make my preference known to the GAE team.  I prefer to not use Maven.  I find it better to expand upon the GPE and simply provide documentation for how to set up a configuration.

How do you feel Maven is "working its way into GPE"? Which configuration requires Maven?

Is there a particular configuration you feel requires Maven to build, and if so, can you discuss the deployment pipeline you use?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com

Gilberto Torrezan Filho

Apr 24, 2014, 1:43:19 PM4/24/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to express my opinion about Maven as well: please continue supporting it to make the development and deployment as much IDE agnostic as possible.

... and make the GPE work seamlessly with Maven projects - today we have configuration issues and workarounds to make everything work together.