What is the expected life time of a resident public backend instance?

Mauricio Lumbreras

Jun 27, 2015, 3:47:47 PM6/27/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
we have a GAE app written in Java, where we need full response all the day.
The problem we face is our resident instances are shut down, without reason :there is no error nor any other anomaly
We don't receive any ah stop invocation ever.
According GAE support there is a investigation what is happening but this issue is present from months, it is not new.
If there is no traffic, instance are quite stable, living hours
If there is low traffic like 5 request per seq, instances are shut down and restarted again. Usually instances time life is 20 minutes.
Is someone suffering this?
We expect with resident instances more stability but it seems internal machinery of GAE remove it too frequently

Regards
Mauricio

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 29, 2015, 4:17:03 PM6/29/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, mlum...@gmail.com
Hi Mauricio,

It truly seems to be an error that your _ah/stop handler is not being triggered, and that there is no info in the logs explaining why your instances spin down. As you say, you've already got a case open with support, so I suggest that you continue to follow-up with them there, and include any relevant details they would want to know in your responses.

Unfortunately, this forum isn't meant for 1-on-1 support or specific technical issues, but is rather meant for general discussion of the platform, so as said above, you should continue to look into this issue in the correct way, which is with 1-on-1 support through a support package.

Best wishes,

Nick