Channel API Quota exception even though dashboard shows only 20% channels created...

amit

Jan 26, 2012, 8:32:22 PM1/26/12
to Google App Engine
Hello all,

I am getting Channel creation exception in the server logs even though
the dashboard shows that we have only ~20% of the Channels created for
the day.

Channels Created 19% 147,214 of 760,320 Okay

com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$OverQuotaException: The API call
xmpp.CreateChannel() required more quota than is available.
at java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:1495)
at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.ApiProxyImpl.doSyncCall(ApiProxyImpl.java:
218)
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.ApiProxyImpl.access
$000(ApiProxyImpl.java:67)
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.ApiProxyImpl$1.run(ApiProxyImpl.java:
163)
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.ApiProxyImpl$1.run(ApiProxyImpl.java:
161)
at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.ApiProxyImpl.makeSyncCall(ApiProxyImpl.java:
161)
at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.ApiProxyImpl.makeSyncCall(ApiProxyImpl.java:
67)
at com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy.makeSyncCall(ApiProxy.java:101)
at com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy.makeSyncCall(ApiProxy.java:50)
at
com.google.appengine.api.channel.ChannelServiceImpl.createChannelImpl(ChannelServiceImpl.java:
59)
at
com.google.appengine.api.channel.ChannelServiceImpl.createChannel(ChannelServiceImpl.java:
34)

Does someone please guide on what is the issue? I don't think we are
creating more than 60 channels per minute, because we are continuously
getting this exception for last few hours.

Takashi Matsuo (Google)

Jan 27, 2012, 1:27:36 AM1/27/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Could you tell me your app-id?

Andrin von Rechenberg

Jan 27, 2012, 3:00:51 AM1/27/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
We are having the same problem and it is affecting production hard.

python create_channel call fails.

app-id: miumeet-hr (it should be a premier account by now)

I have created a production issue, please star:

Cheers,
-Andrin

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Takashi Matsuo (Google) <tma...@google.com> wrote:
Could you tell me your app-id?

Moishe

Jan 27, 2012, 10:14:52 AM1/27/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
This should be resolved now; it was related to the new channel_minutes quota. Please post if you see any more problems with this.

amit

Jan 27, 2012, 12:07:25 PM1/27/12
to Google App Engine
Yes, this seems resolved. Thanks for all your help!

Elias Naur

Jan 30, 2012, 3:00:49 AM1/30/12
to Google App Engine
Moishe: I'm still getting this error, which has effectively shut down
our app, browsertexting. Please see:

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=6817

- elias

Dominic Holt

Oct 12, 2014, 3:34:53 AM10/12/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
This just started happening for me tonight as well, and I'm hardly using any channels.