http://docsstorybuilder.appspot.com/ and Python 2.5 Error

Credence Baker, Ph.D.

May 17, 2017, 12:23:10 PM5/17/17
to Google App Engine
I use DocsStoryBuilder every year to create content for a class that I teach. Now when I try to access the link, I get the following error: Support for Python 2.5 has turned off. Please refer to https://goo.gl/aESk5L for more information

When I go to the URL, I can't even begin to figure out how to enable Python to get the application to work. Any insights or advice?

Josh Moore

May 17, 2017, 12:50:21 PM5/17/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
The owners of the application will have to update it to use a supported version of python for it to work; it's not something a user of the site will be able to resolve.  This is an app owned by another team outside of Cloud Platform, but I will get in contact with them and see if there are any plans around this app moving forward.

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Credence Baker, Ph.D. <dr.crede...@gmail.com> wrote:
I use DocsStoryBuilder every year to create content for a class that I teach. Now when I try to access the link, I get the following error: Support for Python 2.5 has turned off. Please refer to https://goo.gl/aESk5L for more information

When I go to the URL, I can't even begin to figure out how to enable Python to get the application to work. Any insights or advice?

Josh Moore | Cloud Solutions Engineer | josh...@google.com |

Josh Moore

May 24, 2017, 11:45:45 AM5/24/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
We've been able to whitelist this particular app for Python 2.5 for now.  I know this is a week later, but hopefully you can still make use of this tool for your upcoming classes.

Lorri Batsie

Cedric Wang

Jan 7, 2018, 12:01:29 PM1/7/18
to Google App Engine
So you mean that this is not an official application developed by Google but an individual user?

I learnt this tool from Dr. Baker, and found it's a very useful tool...

How about suggest the Google (Docs) Team to consider making a similar one?

Thanks,

Cedric

在 2017年5月18日星期四 UTC+8上午12:50:21,joshuamo写道:

Balasubramanian Thiagarajan

Dec 18, 2018, 10:10:56 PM12/18/18
to Google App Engine
My site drtbalu.appspot.com does not open

error message:Python 2.5 is no longer available. Please refer to https://goo.gl/aESk5L for more information.

p,l help

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Dec 26, 2018, 7:00:45 PM12/26/18
to Google App Engine
Version 2.5 of Python is not supported, as indicated earlier on the thread. You should start planning to migrate your app to supported versions. Depending on your preferred environment, this may be Python 2.7 or 3.6, or Python 3.7 beta runtime, as indicated on the "Python on Google App Engine" documentation page