huge delays serving appengine pages

husayt

Jun 30, 2015, 3:25:37 PM6/30/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
We are experiencing huge latencies serving appengine apps we have. Although can't see any problems on status page:

Does anyone else see similar behaviour?

HG

Patrice (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 1, 2015, 11:03:08 AM7/1/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, hus...@gmail.com
Hi husayt,

I can confirm there is currently no increased latency anywhere in the platform or any major slowdowns with the service.

Do you have Appstats turned on? (python doc, java doc), that could help pinpoint any problem with RPC calls.

If you don't have it turned on, I would suggest looking into your logs to try and see what takes more time? Is it across the board, or a certain subset of your pages?

Cheers!

husayt

Jul 1, 2015, 12:19:22 PM7/1/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, hus...@gmail.com
I am sure there were latencies in serving appengine content here in UK yesterday at around 7-8 oclock GMT.

We have tested from two different locations and confident that it was not due local network problems.
Logs were clear.

Patrice (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 1, 2015, 1:50:12 PM7/1/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, hus...@gmail.com
Hi husayt,

Thanks for the confirmation. Obviously, when dealing with the cloud, there is always a variance in your latency, but as I mentioned, nothing major happened on our end that raised any increased latency flag. It's all I can say regarding that. Could be from a lot of issues outside our network as well, but I can tell you none of our internal systems raised any kind of errors.

Was it a specific page or subset? Which services did these pages use?

Cheers

husayt

Jul 1, 2015, 10:48:15 PM7/1/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, hus...@gmail.com
I will try to do proper netstats analysis next time this happens, to see where delays happen.

For now, let's close this issue.

Thanks Patrice