javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No persistence providers available for "transactions-optional" after trying the following discovered implementations: org.datanucleus.api.jpa.PersistenceProviderImpl

Aadil Farooqui

Apr 9, 2014, 7:11:41 AM4/9/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I am new using Google App Engine, I am following the tutorial http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/GoogleAppEngineJava/article.html to learn it.
I am continuously getting this error when I run the application.
NOTE: I have read almost all the posts for this, but couldn't find any solution for this problem:

Can someone provide a suitable solution for this problem? The error is on the line:
private static final EntityManagerFactory emfInstance = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("transactions-optional");
and
EntityManager em = EMFService.get().createEntityManager();

Thanks..

Vinny P

Apr 24, 2014, 1:12:44 PM4/24/14
On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Aadil Farooqui <aadil.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am new using Google App Engine, I am following the tutorial http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/GoogleAppEngineJava/article.html to learn

That tutorial is quite old, and I don't believe the author supports it anymore.

I suggest using the official Java tutorial, available at https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/gettingstarted/introduction . From there you can investigate further sample applications at https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com