Trying to deploy a NodeJs/Angular 4 app and getting (gcloud.app.deploy) PERMISSION_DENIED

Lisa Copeland

Nov 11, 2017, 6:32:44 PM11/11/17
to Google App Engine
My role includes Editor, App Engine Admin, App Engine Code Viewer and App Engine Deployer

I am able to preview my app on localhost:8080 and I am able to deploy it to AWS.

my app.yaml file:
runtime: nodejs
env: flex

# Temporary setting to keep gcloud from uploading not required files for deployment
skip_files:
- ^node_modules$
- ^app\.yaml
- ^README\..*
- \.gitignore
- ^\.git$
- ^grunt\.js
- ^src$
- ^e2e$
- \.editorconfig
- ^karma\.config\.js
- ^package\.json
- ^protractor\.conf\.js
- ^tslint\.json

What am I doing wrong?

Lisa Copeland

Nov 12, 2017, 12:41:39 PM11/12/17
to Google App Engine
I was able to deploy the app when my role was switched to owner - this seems like a bug

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Nov 12, 2017, 8:06:11 PM11/12/17
to Google App Engine
Hello Lisa,

As described in this article:

The App Engine Deployer role is the recommended role to grant to the account responsible for deploying a new version of a service, although you could also deploy with the App Engine Admin role. Note that other roles may be required to deploy, depending on which configuration files you are deploying; this is detailed in the deployment instructions below.

In the same article, some checking steps are recommended to troubleshoot IAM-related deployment failures. A list of App Engine roles and their descriptions are listed in this article

After reviewing the articles, if you still cannot deploy your app without using the Owner role please send me your project number (privately) and the error messages that you receive and I'll glad to investigate the issue further.

Sincerely,