Google App engine Connection Time out .

rajamohan

May 17, 2011, 7:37:04 AM5/17/11
to Google App Engine
Hi All,
I am trying to run simple GAE/J in eclipse . When i run it i am
getting Exception as follows.
i.e Connection timed out .
please some one help me to move forward in Google app engine .

please find exception message below.
Initializing AppEngine server
Unable to access
http://appengine.google.com/api/updatecheck?runtime=java&release=1.4.3&timestamp=1300990822&api_versions=['1.0']
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown
Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown
Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown
Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
Source)
at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.info.RemoteVersionFactory.getVersion(RemoteVersionFactory.java:
76)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.info.UpdateCheck.checkForUpdates(UpdateCheck.java:
99)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.info.UpdateCheck.doNagScreen(UpdateCheck.java:
174)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.info.UpdateCheck.maybePrintNagScreen(UpdateCheck.java:
142)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher.maybePerformUpdateCheck(AppEngineLauncher.java:
137)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher.start(AppEngineLauncher.java:
103)
at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.doStartUpServer(DevMode.java:500)
at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.startUp(DevModeBase.java:1055)
at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.run(DevModeBase.java:804)
at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.main(DevMode.java:309)
Logging to JettyLogger(null) via
com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
Successfully processed C:\Developement\Ericsson\FileUplodaGAJ\war\WEB-
INF/appengine-web.xml
Successfully processed C:\Developement\Ericsson\FileUplodaGAJ\war\WEB-
INF/web.xml
The server is running at http://localhost:8888/

Thanks in advance ,
Rajamohan Vakati
+91 9092347637 .
rajamoh...@gmail.com

Robert Kluin

May 18, 2011, 1:44:07 AM5/18/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Sort of looks like a connection timeout accessing
http://appengine.google.com. Are you behind something that would
restrict access to appengine.google.com?

You can disable update checks when running the dev server. In the
Python dev server you do this by passing '--skip_sdk_update_check' to
the dev_appserver. I expect there is something similar in the Java
version.
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/devserver.html#Command_Line_Arguments

Robert