App Engine Flexible VM - Minimum instances

Tom Stuart

Apr 19, 2018, 11:54:18 AM4/19/18
to Google App Engine
As per the docs, each instance restarts weekly for security updates.

Does that therefore mean in order to achieve 100% uptime, we must maintain 2 instances running at all times?
Or does App Engine work this out, and start a new instance up before shutting down the other instance?

Digil(Google Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 19, 2018, 8:14:41 PM4/19/18
to Google App Engine
I can see that you have already started another discussion for the same concern in the same group. Follow that discussion thread, as further updates regarding this will be posted there.