Major Cloud SQL latency for INSERT's

Mike Lucente

Dec 4, 2016, 11:38:32 AM12/4/16
to Google App Engine
I'm inserting 24K records into a table and seeing some major latency. I was running the same process about a month ago (I get a new batch of records every month) without a problem. Now the process craps out after 10 minutes with "Deadline exceeded". The same process runs without issue on my laptop (local dev app engine). I would expect that the cloud instance would perform better, not worse!

While trying to diagnose I switched to inserting into an empty temp table -- same problem. So inserting 24K rows into a clean table appears to be a "no-go" for Cloud SQL.

How do I get this resolved or is Cloud SQL just dog slow?

BTW, my app engine and cloud sql instances are in the same region and I'm connecting via unix socket.

Mike Lucente

Dec 6, 2016, 1:33:46 PM12/6/16
to Google App Engine
Turns out that this has nothing to do with MySQL. After removing mysql from the equation I'm now simply using dbfpy to read DBF records from a blobstore object and cannot read 24K records before the 10 minute window boots me out of my task.

I'll repost my issue.