Google App Engine PHP website and database??

Thomas Boyce

Feb 28, 2015, 8:22:19 PM2/28/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

I am creating a PHP website using Google App Engine. I need a register (which I can create fine), so for example a school register. Someone types there name and then it gets saved. So, when it is saved it gets saved as new entry on a database or something like that. I have experience with MySQL and databases connected within a local server. But I am unsure of how to do this with Google App Engine. I am ware of the Cloud SQL and Google Cloud (GC something I believe) but I am really unsure of how to connect a website to a database (and even how to create the database on google app engine). I have read many tutorials online but I am still struggling.

Any ideas welcome? (even if it doesn't involve a database, just somewhere to save the results)

Vinny P

Mar 5, 2015, 1:07:22 AM3/5/15

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 7:22 PM, Thomas Boyce <thomasboy...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am creating a PHP website using Google App Engine. I need a register (which I can create fine), so for example a school register. Someone types there name and then it gets saved. So, when it is saved it gets saved as new entry on a database or something like that. I have experience with MySQL and databases connected within a local server. But I am unsure of how to do this with Google App Engine. I am ware of the Cloud SQL and Google Cloud (GC something I believe) but I am really unsure of how to connect a website to a database (and even how to create the database on google app engine). I have read many tutorials online but I am still struggling.

Any ideas welcome? (even if it doesn't involve a database, just somewhere to save the results)

There's a tutorial with sample code on how to connect to Cloud SQL on PHP/GAE here: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/php/cloud-sql/

If you've seen this tutorial before, which part of it are you struggling on?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com