Question on app engine search index & namespaces

Dhanunjaya Naidu Yandrapu

Dec 12, 2017, 8:59:20 AM12/12/17
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I am writing a multi-tenant application using appengine namespaces. We need a separate index per tenant for searching employees (to avoid the 10GB limit of a search index). If I create a search index "employees" (in golang search.Open("employees") ) and index the following docs (using golang api search.Put(ctx, id, doc) )
  1. doc1 from tenant 1 with namespace "abc" and
  2. doc2 from tenant 2 with namespace "xyz".
do these docs go into a single index or two different indexes in two different namespaces? I want to make sure that I am not hitting the 10GB limit.

thanks,
dhanunjay