Why google app engine is removing Spring web?

1 view

move36 via StackOverflow

Nov 4, 2013, 6:02:35 PM11/4/13
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I am using the following Spring library:

**spring-webmvc-3.2.4.RELEASE.jar**

Everything seems to be fine for Eclipse until I click run/debug using the GAE SDK's server.

Then this error appears:

The archive: app/war/WEB-INF/lib/spring-web-3.2.4.RELEASE.jar which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.

And then the library is removed from the war/lib folder.

If I don't add the library in the Java Build Path I can run the Server, but a NoClassFoundException is thrown:

WARNING: Could not instantiate listener org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    at com.google.appengine.tools.development.IsolatedAppClassLoader.loadClass(IsolatedAppClassLoader.java:215)

I read some documentation about how to run applications with the Spring Framework in google's developers page. https://developers.google.com/appengine/articles/spring_optimization

It doesn't say anything about removing libraries.

Any ideas?

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19778898/why-google-app-engine-is-removing-spring-web

move36 via StackOverflow

Nov 4, 2013, 6:07:35 PM11/4/13
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I am using the following Spring library:

**spring-web-3.2.4.RELEASE.jar**

Everything seems to be fine for Eclipse until I click run/debug using the GAE SDK's server. The library is there, just under app/war/WEB-INF/lib/.

Then this error appears:

The archive: app-name/war/WEB-INF/lib/spring-web-3.2.4.RELEASE.jar which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.

And then the library is removed from the app/war/WEB-INF/lib/ folder.

If I don't add the library in the Java Build Path directly but through the "Web App Libraries" (that refer to app-name/war/WEB-INF/lib/ ) I can run the Server, but a NoClassFoundException is thrown:

WARNING: Could not instantiate listener org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    at com.google.appengine.tools.development.IsolatedAppClassLoader.loadClass(IsolatedAppClassLoader.java:215)

And also, after that the library is deleted from the path: app/war/WEB-INF/lib/

move36 via StackOverflow

Nov 4, 2013, 6:17:35 PM11/4/13
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I am using the following Spring library:

spring-web-3.2.4.RELEASE.jar

move36 via StackOverflow

Nov 4, 2013, 6:47:35 PM11/4/13
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I am using the following Spring library:

spring-web-3.2.4.RELEASE.jar

Everything seems to be fine for Eclipse until I click run/debug using the GAE SDK's server. The library is there, just under app-name/war/WEB-INF/lib/.

Then this error appears:

The archive: app-name/war/WEB-INF/lib/spring-web-3.2.4.RELEASE.jar which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.

And then the library is removed from the app-name/war/WEB-INF/lib/ folder.