Java DrEdit won't deploy to Google App Engine

Laurence via StackOverflow

Nov 21, 2012, 9:29:02 AM11/21/12
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I'm having trouble getting DrEdit to deploy to Google App Engine. I get the error message: Unable to update app: Network is unreachable: connect

I have tried to follow the instructions on the following page: https://developers.google.com/drive/examples/java

However, when I get to the following instruction:

7. In the Eclipse Build Path editor for the project, add all of the JARs in the <war/WEB-INF/lib/> and <war/WEB-INF/lib/dependencies> directories to the project's build path.

I have a problem!
In Eclipse I am using appengine-java-sdk-1.7.3
DrEdit seems to have been created with appengine-java-sdk-1.6.3 when I try to add jars from the DrEdit repository I end up with a mixture of the two versions.
So I have added DrEdit in a different way.

I created an Eclipse App Engine project
then copied the source files from com.google.drive.samples.dredit
to my own com.google.drive.samples.dredit
and I copied the source files from com.google.drive.samples.dredit.model
to my own com.google.drive.samples.dredit.model
I also copied the static directory file structure to my own war directory.
I also copied the repositories web.xml, appengine-web.xml, client_secrets.json and logging.properties
I also copied the templates directory with the index.jsp
Then I added the Drive API and Google OAuth2 API to get rid of the red crosses shown on the source files.
I also deleted the index.html
I put the correct details in the client_secrets.json file and put my app identity in the appengine-web.xml

The file structure looks like the following
![DrEdit File Structure]  (https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3Lh3PoZeTec/UKzXDfCzTlI/AAAAAAAAC98/ELcsRmhiCg0/s789/DrEditFileStructure3.png)

When I try to deploy I get the message unable to update app the connection is unreachable.

Here is the stack trace
<code>
Unable to update:
java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AbstractServerConnection.connect(AbstractServerConnection.java:125)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AbstractServerConnection.send1(AbstractServerConnection.java:283)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AbstractServerConnection.send(AbstractServerConnection.java:253)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AbstractServerConnection.post(AbstractServerConnection.java:232)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ResourceLimits.remoteRequest(ResourceLimits.java:171)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ResourceLimits.request(ResourceLimits.java:138)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.doUpdate(AppAdminImpl.java:366)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.update(AppAdminImpl.java:53)
at com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.proxy.AppEngineBridgeImpl.deploy(AppEngineBridgeImpl.java:433)
at com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.deploy.DeployProjectJob.runInWorkspace(DeployProjectJob.java:148)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

</code>

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13495334/java-dredit-wont-deploy-to-google-app-engine

Laurence via StackOverflow

Nov 21, 2012, 9:39:03 AM11/21/12
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I'm having trouble getting DrEdit to deploy to Google App Engine. I get the error message: Unable to update app: Network is unreachable: connect

I have tried to follow the instructions on the following page: https://developers.google.com/drive/examples/java

However, when I get to the following instruction:

  1. In the Eclipse Build Path editor for the project, add all of the JARs in the and directories to the project's build path.

)

[...]

Nov 21, 2012, 9:54:04 AM11/21/12
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

Laurence via StackOverflow

Laurence via StackOverflow

Nov 22, 2012, 1:49:22 AM11/22/12
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I'm having trouble getting DrEdit to deploy to Google App Engine. I get the error message: Unable to update app: Network is unreachable: connect

I have tried to follow the instructions on the following page: https://developers.google.com/drive/examples/java

However, when I get to the following instruction:

  1. In the Eclipse Build Path editor for the project, add all of the JARs in the and directories to the project's build path.

I have a problem! In Eclipse I am using appengine-java-sdk-1.7.3 DrEdit seems to have been created with appengine-java-sdk-1.6.3 when I try to add jars from the DrEdit repository I end up with a mixture of the two versions. So I have added DrEdit in a different way. Basically I added API's instead of jars from the Repository.

A more detailed explanation is as follows:

Laurence via StackOverflow