App Engine multiple "Committed before 500 null" errors image

sanc via StackOverflow

Aug 8, 2012, 5:43:30 AM8/8/12
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

Hi I am working on a photo web application and keep getting the following errors whenever I generate requests too fast, for example - clicking on a photo album multiple times resulting in the server side having to serve too many photos in a short time. Suspect that it is just my local machine not having enough memory. Will I encounter the same problem if it is in the cloud?

Aug 8, 2012 5:30:47 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger warn
WARNING: Error for /_ah/img/eQaAh6XKGrl39oZ5BZgVcQ=s500
Aug 8, 2012 5:30:47 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger warn
WARNING: Error for /_ah/img/RHDL5oC2G-hrgw2rVCj4wQ=s500
Aug 8, 2012 5:30:47 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger warn
WARNING: Committed before 500 null
Aug 8, 2012 5:30:47 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger warn
WARNING: /_ah/img/a09PBMb4WLfIZYKCyGA7fQ=s500
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Committed
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.resetBuffer(Response.java:1024)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java:240)....

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11861746/app-engine-multiple-committed-before-500-null-errors-image

Dan Holevoet via StackOverflow

Aug 8, 2012, 4:33:55 PM8/8/12
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

It's not really possible to give you a definitive answer based on the details in your question.

To avoid this type of error locally, you can increase the heap size by adding --jvm_flag=-Xmx1024m (or some other value instead of 1024) when invoking dev_appserver.sh. Increase the value if you keep encountering the error.

If you deploy and you still see the issue, you may need to change your frontend class to one with more memory. Higher instance classes come with more memory (and CPU) but cost more per instance-hour.

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11861746/app-engine-multiple-committed-before-500-null-errors-image/11872711#11872711