cglib is causing a java.lang.VerifyError during query generation in Intuit Partner Platform Java SDK

Robert Warren Gilmore via StackOverflow

Jan 11, 2014, 12:53:45 AM1/11/14
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I can't figure out what is causing this error.

I am using Intuit's Java v3 SDK for QuickBooks Online (QBO), and I'm attempting to run a query for TimeActivity objects. To do this, I must generate a query entity.

My code fails on this line:

TimeActivity queryTimeActivity = GenerateQuery.createQueryEntity(TimeActivity.class);

The stack trace proceeds from that line as follows:

java.lang.VerifyError: class net.sf.cglib.core.DebuggingClassWriter overrides final method visit.(IILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at com.google.appengine.runtime.Request.process-4da1515b5814ac28(Request.java)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.AbstractClassGenerator.<init>(AbstractClassGenerator.java:38)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.<init>(KeyFactory.java:127)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:112)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:108)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:104)
    at net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer.<clinit>(Enhancer.java:69)
    at com.intuit.ipp.query.GenerateQuery.createQueryEntity(GenerateQuery.java:56)

I should mention that this code is in a Google App Engine app. I did some Google searches for this error, and found that many people suggest removing the libraries "cglib" and "asm" from the build path. I could not find "cglib", but I tried removing "asm-4.0.jar", but Google App Engine complained when I tried that.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't get my code to proceed beyond the aforementioned line.

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21059019/cglib-is-causing-a-java-lang-verifyerror-during-query-generation-in-intuit-partn

Robert Warren Gilmore via StackOverflow

Jan 11, 2014, 3:03:47 AM1/11/14
[...]

I should mention that this code is in a Google App Engine app. I did some Google searches for this error, and found that many people suggest removing the libraries "cglib" and "asm" from the build path. I could not find "cglib", but I tried removing "asm-4.0.jar", but Google App Engine complained when I tried that. More specifically, the app deployed, but the line in question never ran when I removed asm.jar.