Uber Rides JAVA SDK : Unable to request token

Jagdish via StackOverflow

Aug 24, 2016, 10:47:06 PM8/24/16
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I am new to using API in Java. I need to access Uber API's for my project and I am using Uber Java SDK from - https://github.com/uber/rides-java-sdk

I am following their steps but somehow getting error for Authenticating credentials. following are my steps:

1) Creating OAuth2Credentials object

SessionConfiguration config = new SessionConfiguration.Builder()
                .setClientId(CLIENT_ID)
                .setClientSecret(MY_SECRET)
                .setRedirectUri(REDIRECT_URL)
                .setScopes(Arrays.asList(Scope.HISTORY, Scope.PROFILE, Scope.PLACES))
                .build();

OAuth2Credentials credentials = new OAuth2Credentials.Builder()
                .setSessionConfiguration(config)
                .build();

2) Navigate the user to the authorization URL from the OAuth2Credentials object.

String authorizationUrl = credentials.getAuthorizationUrl();

3) Once the user approves the request, you get an authorization code. Create a credential object to store the authorization code and the user ID.

Credential credential = credentials.authenticate(authorizationCode, userId);

** i am using "authorizationCode" returned to my REDIRECT_URL ** I am NOT sure what userID should be??

But really code fails at STEP 3 with error:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /hello. Reason:

    Unable to request token.
Caused by:

com.uber.sdk.rides.auth.AuthException: Unable to request token.
    at com.uber.sdk.rides.auth.OAuth2Credentials.authenticate(OAuth2Credentials.java:279)
    at com.c2p.HelloAppEngine.doGet(HelloAppEngine.java:183)

*** Please HELP:

1) How to resolve above error - am I doing anything wrong? 2) Are my steps correct? 3) What should be the UserID and where can i get that?

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39135908/uber-rides-java-sdk-unable-to-request-token

Dustin Whittle via StackOverflow

Aug 29, 2016, 6:18:04 PM8/29/16
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

In order to get the user uuid you need to take the access token you get and make a request to https://developer.uber.com/docs/rides/api/v1-me.

UserProfile userProfile = uberRidesService.getUserProfile().execute().body();

See the java sample app included in the sdk: https://github.com/uber/rides-java-sdk/blob/master/samples/servlet-sample/src/main/java/com/uber/sdk/rides/samples/servlet/SampleServlet.java

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39135908/uber-rides-java-sdk-unable-to-request-token/39215952#39215952