gae 1.7.3 update -> java.io.InvalidClassException

1 view

ghost23 via StackOverflow

Nov 28, 2012, 8:43:50 AM11/28/12
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

i just updated the Java GAE SDK to 1.7.3 and now i get exceptions, when trying to read from my local datastore:

INFO: Failed to load from the backing store,
C:\Users\<user>\Documents\myproject\war\WEB-INF\appengine-generated\local_db.bin
java.io.InvalidClassException:
com.google.appengine.repackaged.com.google.io.protocol.ProtocolMessage;
local class incompatible:
    stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 2691625986599730786,
    local class serialVersionUID = -3428150205257072157
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)

Which prevents me from reading entities from my existing local datastore. If i downgrade to 1.7.2 it works again, but i would like to run with the latest version.

Anyone know how to solve this? Thank you.

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13606414/gae-1-7-3-update-java-io-invalidclassexception

Ian Marshall via StackOverflow

Nov 29, 2012, 4:31:11 AM11/29/12
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

If I have understood you correctly, you have created a local datastore using version 1.7.2 of the development web application server, and are trying to use this same data (file) using version 1.7.3.

Newer versions of the dev app server are liable, but not guaranteed, to be unable to read data persisted with an earlier version.

I have found that data stored with the 1.7.2 dev app server cannot be used with the 1.7.3, so this time we are both unlucky.

In this case, you will have to create your data anew using 1.7.3.

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13606414/gae-1-7-3-update-java-io-invalidclassexception/13622572#13622572