Unable to start Http and App Engine server

user2601389 via StackOverflow

Jul 19, 2013, 11:46:41 PM7/19/13
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

These days I reinstall my computer because virus, so I have to build my Java environment again.

I install JDK (1.7x) and eclipse (version 3.7, same as I done in last year), and install the eclipse plugin for google app engine. When I use eclipse to open the google app engine project that I done last year, it show some error message.

Initializing App Engine server Jul 20, 2013 10:34:24 AM com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineWebXmlReader readAppEngineWebXml Successfully processed C:\Users\69912022\Desktop\App engine\CloudTest\war\WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml Jul 20, 2013 10:34:24 AM com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AbstractConfigXmlReader readConfigXml Successfully processed C:\Users\69912022\Desktop\App engine\CloudTest\war\WEB-INF/web.xml Unable to start embedded HTTP server com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher.start(AppEngineLauncher.java:102) at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.doStartUpServer(DevMode.java:509) at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.startUp(DevModeBase.java:1093) at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.run(DevModeBase.java:836) at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.main(DevMode.java:311) [ERROR] Unable to start App Engine server com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineConfigException: Invalid configuration at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerImpl.reportDeferredConfigurationException(DevAppServerImpl.java:414) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerImpl.start(DevAppServerImpl.java:211) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher.start(AppEngineLauncher.java:97) at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.doStartUpServer(DevMode.java:509) at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.startUp(DevModeBase.java:1093) at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.run(DevModeBase.java:836) at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.main(DevMode.java:311) Caused by: com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineConfigException: Welcome files must be relative paths: /jsp/employee_Qry.jsp at com.google.apphosting.utils.config.WebXml.validate(WebXml.java:125) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApplicationConfigurationManager.validateAndRegisterGlobalValues(ApplicationConfigurationManager.java:169) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApplicationConfigurationManager.access$400(ApplicationConfigurationManager.java:32) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApplicationConfigurationManager$WarModuleConfigurationHandle.readConfiguration(ApplicationConfigurationManager.java:420) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApplicationConfigurationManager.(ApplicationConfigurationManager.java:146) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApplicationConfigurationManager.newWarConfigurationManager(ApplicationConfigurationManager.java:88) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerImpl.(DevAppServerImpl.java:137) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerFactory.createDevAppServer(DevAppServerFactory.java:233) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerFactory.createDevAppServer(DevAppServerFactory.java:69) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerFactory.createDevAppServer(DevAppServerFactory.java:53) at com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher.start(AppEngineLauncher.java:84) ... 4 more [ERROR] shell failed in doStartupServer method

I was already search for all day to solve this problem yesterday. There are some tips I search from the internet.

  1. Set the Java compiler for project to 1.6.
  2. Set the Google SDK and SWT to the latest version.
  3. Check the web.xml to ensure the path of servlet is correct.

I try all of it and it dosen't work, so I try the create a new project. After confirming the new project can be executed correctly, I import the .jsp web page, .java servlet and .java class file to the new project, and it show the same error message.

Are there any suggest for me to solve this problem ?

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17758428/unable-to-start-http-and-app-engine-server