gwt google app engine HTTP ERROR 404

user414967 via StackOverflow

Aug 8, 2014, 10:04:41 AM8/8/14
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I created a new gwt project with google application engine in eclipse. But when I run the project, in the browser I got the following message.

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /Test.html. Reason:

NOT_FOUND

Powered by Jetty://

now it shows the following message.

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /Test.html. Reason:

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

Powered by Jetty://

What could be the problem? I did clean and build. But still the same problem.

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8644211/gwt-google-app-engine-http-error-404

skiller3 via StackOverflow

Aug 8, 2014, 10:04:43 AM8/8/14
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I would recommend you check that:

a) The correct project directory is selected as your WAR in your eclipse project GWT settings. You can check your project GWT settings by right-clicking on the project, selecting Properties, and then clicking on Google in the left-hand list (the Google item will have sub-items; the WAR should be specified in one of them).

b) The URL following the -startupUrl option in your run/debug configuration is correct if it exists (if it doesn't exist then you should add it). The argument can be inserted into the "Program arguments" text field in the "Arguments" tab.

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8644211/gwt-google-app-engine-http-error-404/8663660#8663660

wzbozon via StackOverflow

Aug 8, 2014, 10:04:45 AM8/8/14
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I encountered this problem, when my project facet had Java 1.8 version, GAE needs Java 1.7. You can change it by right clicking java and selecting "change version" here:

enter image description here

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8644211/gwt-google-app-engine-http-error-404/25205337#25205337