Can't deploy to GAE - the application doesn't exist

1 view

Devology Ltd via StackOverflow

Dec 15, 2016, 10:33:05 PM12/15/16
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

Using Eclipse, I am experiencing an error when trying to deploy a rather basic web app with JAX-RS and JAXB. It runs okay locally, but when trying it on the remote servers I get the message shown below...

'Deploying to Google' has encountered a problem / This application does not exist

enter image description here

Below shows my appengine-web.xml

enter image description here

The XML file illustrates that I am using the same name in the xml as what's specified in the project properties...

enter image description here

The output window show...

------------ Deploying frontend ------------

Preparing to deploy:
    Created staging directory at: '/var/folders/n8/6by626014jbfc0dwmxnb0ly00000gn/T/appcfg2754901216637807129.tmp'
    Scanning for jsp files.
    Scanning files on local disk.
    Initiating update.
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.HttpIoException: Error posting to URL: https://appengine.google.com/api/appversion/create?app_id=hillingarincident&version=0&
404 Not Found
This application does not exist (app_id=u'hillingarincident').

Debugging information may be found in /private/var/folders/n8/6by626014jbfc0dwmxnb0ly00000gn/T/appengine-deploy447984481661870877.log

The referenced debug logs show...

Unable to update:
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.HttpIoException: Error posting to URL: https://appengine.google.com/api/appversion/create?app_id=hillingarincident&version=0&
404 Not Found
This application does not exist (app_id=u'hillingarincident').

        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AbstractServerConnection.send1(AbstractServerConnection.java:293)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AbstractServerConnection.send(AbstractServerConnection.java:253)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AbstractServerConnection.post(AbstractServerConnection.java:232)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppVersionUpload.send(AppVersionUpload.java:644)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppVersionUpload.beginTransaction(AppVersionUpload.java:449)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppVersionUpload.doUpload(AppVersionUpload.java:124)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.doUpdate(AppAdminImpl.java:371)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.update(AppAdminImpl.java:53)
        at com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.proxy.AppEngineBridgeImpl.deploy(AppEngineBridgeImpl.java:433)
        at com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.deploy.DeployProjectJob.runInWorkspace(DeployProjectJob.java:148)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

Any answers will be appreciated. At one point my browser was not logged in to the target google account, so I swapped to the correct one a little later, Google does render the application name as expected.

enter image description here

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13664237/cant-deploy-to-gae-the-application-doesnt-exist

Zafer Khourdaji via StackOverflow

Dec 15, 2016, 10:33:07 PM12/15/16
to google-appengin...@googlegroups.com

I know this question is super old but I had this issue all day and finally I found a solution. Maybe it will help someone out in the future.

After you create a project in Google Cloud Platform, you must go to google cloud shell in your project and run the command

gcloud beta app create

After you run this command, you will get prompted to choose a region. Then go back to eclipse and try deploying it. It worked for me.

Please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email but go to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13664237/cant-deploy-to-gae-the-application-doesnt-exist/41176834#41176834