Do you experience high cpu usage with idle dev_appserver? Please help with googleappengine issue #13388

dcco...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2016, 9:14:19 AM12/22/16
to google-appengine-go, bsr...@gmail.com
Hi guys,

Since GAE Go SDK 1.8, when having too many files in you GOPATH, dev server gives this warning:

There are too many files in your application for changes in all of them to be monitored

leading to high CPU usage even when dev server is idle. The issue was first discussed in this mailing list here over 3 years ago:

(Note that the Python SDK also has the problem)

This issue was brought up multiple times, with no solution. Some people suggested to patch the dev server to stop/reduce watching many files:

After years of trying, I opened this issue:

Fortunately, Google is trying to fix the issue. Unfortunately, Google is not able to reproduce the issue!

I am not using anything specific on my MacOS, have had this issue since 2013, and the issue was persisted using HDD and SSD. Those of you who are experiencing the same problem, please contribute to this issue so that Google can resolve this annoying bug.

Thank you!