1.8?

Newtack

Dec 30, 2016, 4:11:14 PM12/30/16
to google-appengine-go
When will 1.8 be available on App Engine? We really would like to take advantage of a) push notifications (http 2) and b) better GC.

simon...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2016, 10:50:46 PM12/30/16
to google-appengine-go
More and more libs start using "context" which means they can't be used with appengine.

c'mon Google - the language you sponsor on the platform you sell ... and you are the laggard in versioning.

Get your act together, please !

Steven Buss

Feb 28, 2017, 4:21:52 PM2/28/17
to google-appengine-go, simon...@gmail.com
Yes, go1.8 will be available on App Engine soon. We're currently in the process of preparing a go1.8 beta. Expect a public announcement and timeline commitment sometime in March.

I'm sorry it's taken us so long. We've had to address a number of problems around our release process which slowed us down. The good news is that we're running much smoother now and 1.8 is moving through the release pipeline as we speak.

I joined the team somewhat recently (hi!) and will try to be as open as I can in our communications going forward. I'm a software engineer on the Go runtime (as well as some other upcoming features), not a professional comms person, so hopefully I don't put my foot in my mouth too often :)

Scott Parkerson

Mar 1, 2017, 11:21:45 AM3/1/17
to google-appengine-go
1.8 appears to be in the Flex runtime for vm: true now... not sure if Flex has it.

Classic App Engine is now go1.6.4.

Newtack

Mar 1, 2017, 7:20:45 PM3/1/17
to google-appengine-go, simon...@gmail.com