Errors on google.golang.org/appengine

Erik Troan

Apr 24, 2015, 11:58:24 PM4/24/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
It seems like the appengine errors aren't being set properly in some cases. I'm seeing transactions returning the following (stringified error)

    API error 2 (datastore_v3: CONCURRENT_TRANSACTION): too much contention on these datastore entities. please try again

and the type is "(type=*appengine_internal.APIError)"

I'd have expected a ErrConcurrentTransaction instead? This issue seems to echo how urlfetch is returning errors as well.

I was running a few patches behind on the SDK, so I've upgraded that, but I looked through the updates and they don't seem to affect any of this.

Erik

David Symonds

Apr 26, 2015, 9:53:18 PM4/26/15
to Erik Troan, google-appengine-go
It looks like you have a mix of old-style imports (e.g.
"appengine/datastore") and new-style imports (e.g.
"google.golang.org/appengine/datastore"). They don't mix well in this
way. The code that turns internal API errors into things like
ErrConcurrentTransaction is not aware of the old packages, which is
why you're getting a type *appengine_internal.APIError.