Connection to redis from standard environment

Ashley Finney

Sep 29, 2017, 2:20:47 PM9/29/17
to google-appengine-go
Hi all,
I've been looking at solutions to connect to a redis server (RedisLabs) from our GAE standard environment in Go.  I've been using "github.com/mediocregopher/radix.v2/redis" which works correctly on the local development server but not from our production server.  I'm assuming that the net.Dial("tcp" ,"") is revoked and you should use the "socket" package instead.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  Is there a client I've missed? Or am I missing something obvious?
Many thanks,
Ash.

pj

Sep 29, 2017, 8:42:01 PM9/29/17
to google-appengine-go
If you are using Standard Edition of GAE, you have to use SocketAPI due to sandbox:

See my package for more details:

https://github.com/pjebs/GAE-Toolkit-Go