Gorilla Mux not working

pj

Aug 25, 2017, 10:14:04 PM8/25/17
to google-appengine-go
I am using the beta version of GAE-Go in local development. (for runtime i'm using go1.8).

I am using gorilla mux which was designed to use the standard library context if built with anything over go1.7.
There is something wrong with the build tag detection. It is using gorilla context because the compiler is not detecting that I'm using go 1.8

Damien Lebrun

Aug 27, 2017, 3:51:03 PM8/27/17
to google-appengine-go

pj

Aug 27, 2017, 8:42:45 PM8/27/17
to google-appengine-go
Is there an estimated time for fix?

Damien Lebrun

Aug 28, 2017, 4:56:00 AM8/28/17
to google-appengine-go
In that last issue I linked Chris Broady mentioned it will be fixed in the next release of the GAE SDK.

pj

Aug 28, 2017, 5:36:29 AM8/28/17
to google-appengine-go
I don't think the 2 links are related to my issue. Mine is not a context issue. It's a build tag detection issue, despite my example being about the context.

Herbie Ong

Oct 20, 2017, 8:12:00 PM10/20/17
to google-appengine-go
Hi,

Can you provide more details on what is wrong?  I've stumbled on a staging issue as well when running gcloud app deploy.  Is it the same for your case?

Error message shows something like ...
ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) Staging command [/usr/lib/google-cloud-sdk/platform/google_appengine/go-app-stager ...]
------------------------------------ STDOUT ------------------------------------
------------------------------------ STDERR ------------------------------------
2017/10/20 17:03:01 failed analyzing <snip>: cannot find package "github.com/gorilla/context" in any of:

The work-around I have done is to add that package into my GOPATH to allow the stager to continue on.

Let me know if you are having the same issue.

Thanks.

-- Herbie

Herbie Ong

Nov 17, 2017, 6:28:22 PM11/17/17
to google-appengine-go

If the issue is the same as what I've mentioned below, this should be fixed now in gcloud version 180.0.0.  Let me know if that is still not the case.  Thanks.

-- Herbie