MapReduce for Go GAE

Calvin Prewitt

Sep 4, 2011, 6:24:59 PM9/4/11
to google-appengine-go
Is there an effort to implement the MapReduce API in Go?
If so, any time frame?

http://code.google.com/p/appengine-mapreduce/

David Symonds

Sep 4, 2011, 6:34:05 PM9/4/11
to Calvin Prewitt, google-appengine-go
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Calvin Prewitt <calvin....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an effort to implement the MapReduce API in Go?
> If so, any time frame?

There's nothing to announce yet, but it's on our radar.

Dave.

Alexandre Normand

Jun 5, 2013, 6:32:37 PM6/5/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com, Calvin Prewitt
Hey Dave,
Is that still planned? I've got a good use case for some Map/Reduce API in the app I'm working on. I'd be ready to see my app crash and burn to start using an early dev version, if such a thing exists.

Cheers!

David Symonds

Jun 5, 2013, 8:53:54 PM6/5/13
to Alexandre Normand, google-ap...@googlegroups.com, Calvin Prewitt
Yes, it's still planned, but nothing is available yet.

Alexandre Normand

Jun 5, 2013, 9:14:25 PM6/5/13
to David Symonds, google-ap...@googlegroups.com, Calvin Prewitt
I think I should understand that's it's the sort of thing that is going to be ready when it's ready but I'll ask anyway: any rough estimate of when this could be available? :)

Alex

mun...@getunseen.co

Jul 1, 2014, 7:47:36 PM7/1/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Still planned to have MapReduce API in go?

Prateek Malhotra

Jul 2, 2014, 8:27:05 PM7/2/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com, mun...@getunseen.co
Someone made something here: https://github.com/pendo-io/mapreduce

I'm more interested in a Pipeline API port in Go (it's what the python map reduce framework is built upon)

Derek Perkins

Jul 2, 2014, 9:45:59 PM7/2/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com, mun...@getunseen.co
My guess is that they're not working on adding MapReduce since they announced Cloud Dataflow at Google I/O.