Issue with "goapp test" with GAE Go SDK: "_go_app" & "python.exe" processes left running in Win7

Fred Janon

Jul 2, 2014, 5:38:32 PM7/2/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Win7 Pro
go version go1.2.1 (appengine-1.9.6) windows/amd64

Each time I run some tests with "goapp test" some "_go_app" & "python.exe" processes are left running after the end of the test. After a while there are dozens of zombie processes in memory.

There is 1 "_go_app" & 1 "python.exe" for EACH test function inside the source test file. Each time I run my test, I get 6 more zombie processes.

I guess it's a bug in GAE GO 1.9.6, I didn't find any issue already files, I was about to file the issue but I think that there is a specific tag to add to it?

Thanks

Fred

Fred Janon

Jul 2, 2014, 6:02:37 PM7/2/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
For those who encounter the issue, use the following 2 commands to kill the rogues:

taskkill /F /IM  _go_app
taskkill /F /IM  python.exe

Glenn Lewis

Jul 2, 2014, 6:21:08 PM7/2/14
to Fred Janon, google-appengine-go
Yes, please file an issue.  The label is "Language-Go".  Thanks.
-- Glenn

Fred Janon

Jul 2, 2014, 7:02:48 PM7/2/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com, fja...@gmail.com
Done:  Issue 11083

Thanks
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-appengine-go+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Matthew Zimmerman

Jul 2, 2014, 7:56:39 PM7/2/14
to Fred Janon, google-appengine-go
That happens when you don't call the aetest Context.Close() method.  Make sure a defer .Close() is at the top of each test.

Fred Janon

Jul 3, 2014, 7:57:02 AM7/3/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com, fja...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot Matthew, I missed that in the docs. My apologies, I update the issue in the bug tracker.

I tested my tests (!) with the deferred close and no more zombies.

Thanks again.

Fred

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 11:38:32 PM UTC+2, Fred Janon wrote:
Win7 Pro
go version go1.2.1 (appengine-1.9.6) windows/amd64

Each time I run some tests with "goapp test" some "_go_app" & "python.exe" processes are left running after the end of the test. After a while there are dozens of zombie processes in memory.

There is 1 "_go_app" & 1 "python.exe" for EACH test function inside the source test file. Each time I run my test, I get 6 more zombie processes.

I guess it's a bug in GAE GO 1.9.6, I didn't find any issue already files, I was about to file the issue but I think that there is a specific tag to add to it?

Thanks

Fred

Glenn Lewis

Jul 3, 2014, 10:30:15 AM7/3/14
to Fred Janon, Matthew Zimmerman, google-appengine-go
Excellent!  Glad to hear that fixed it. Thank you, Matthew, for the tip!
-- Glenn