memcache fails silently on big durations(more than 30 days)

Mihai B

Jun 9, 2016, 12:40:48 PM6/9/16
to google-appengine-go
If the item TTL is more than 30+ days (e.g. 960 * time.Hour) Put operations succeed but Get operations fail (item not found). I think there is a bug in the implementation. AFAIK on memcache protocol any duration higher than 30 days is interpreted as a unix timestamp date so I guess the library[0] should check and make the conversion.

Mihai.

Dave Day

Jun 9, 2016, 8:54:37 PM6/9/16
to Mihai B, google-appengine-go
Thanks for the report. Would you mind adding an issue to the tracker, along with a small example that fails for you? IIUC, we are already doing the conversion to unix timestamp but there might be a bug somewhere along the way.