gcloud preview app deploy - can't find import under appengine 1.9.18

Tim Greiser

Apr 24, 2015, 7:20:31 PM4/24/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I have a previously working and deployed project, it is organized as described here (https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/go/#Go_Organizing_Go_apps) and uses fully qualified import paths.

After the latest gcloud components update I can no longer deploy, none of my modules are able to find the fully qualified import paths.

app.go:6: can't find import: "github.com/Wuvist/mustache"

All the libraries are in my GOPATH, and I can run the project fine under "gcloud preview app run"

go version go1.4.1 (appengine-1.9.18) linux/386

I tried to gcloud components revert, but I am having the same problem under both:

Google Cloud SDK 0.9.57
Google Cloud SDK 0.9.56

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim.

Glenn Lewis

Apr 24, 2015, 7:25:49 PM4/24/15
to Tim Greiser, google-appengine-go
Sorry for the hassle.  Instead of "gcloud preview app deploy ." please switch over to either:
appcfg.py update --oauth2 .
or
goapp deploy -oauth .

(Both can be found in the "bin" subdirectory of the Cloud SDK root dir.)
"gcloud" is currently in a state of transition for Go developers.
-- Glenn

advand...@gmail.com

May 3, 2015, 11:01:35 AM5/3/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com, tgre...@gmail.com
Having the same issue, with any of the three commands - deploys simply broke from one day to the next. Running versions:

Google Cloud SDK 0.9.58

app
-engine-go-darwin-x86_64 1.9.19
app
-engine-python 1.9.19
app
-engine-python-extras 1.9.18
bq
2.0.18
bq
-nix 2.0.18
compute
2015.04.29
core
2015.04.29
core
-nix 2014.10.20
dns
2015.04.29
gae
-go 2015.04.29
gae
-go-nix 2014.09.10
gae
-python 2014.05.06
gae
-python-launcher-mac 1.9.19
gcloud
2015.04.29
gcloud
-extensions-darwin-x86_64 0.15.0
gcutil
1.16.5
gcutil
-nix 1.16.5
gsutil
4.12
gsutil
-nix 4.6
sql
2015.04.09

advand...@gmail.com

May 3, 2015, 11:01:34 AM5/3/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com, tgre...@gmail.com
In my case, it was caused by having the development server running in the background. After closing it down it compiled and deployed again...

Drew Wells

Mar 13, 2016, 11:18:56 PM3/13/16
to google-appengine-go, tgre...@gmail.com
it looks like gcloud no longer ships with goapp. Is there another workaround for using Go with gcloud? Gcloud complains that appengine sdk is installed, so is gcloud supposed to work with Go now?