How can I see task retry options after a task begins?

Derek Perkins

Apr 25, 2015, 7:14:30 AM4/25/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the task queue everywhere in my app, and for the most part, retries solve my issues with network connectivity, etc. What does concern me is the potential for my task to be retried "x" times and then just disappear. There are convenient headers that tell me how many times a task has been retried. Is there a way to see how many times the task will be retried before getting deleted? What I would like to implement is a system that checks to see if the task fails on the last retry, and if it does, I want to cache the task data and notify myself. I recognize that I could hard code it based on what I setup in queue.yaml, but given that each task can also override the queue retry options, I would much prefer being able to programatically get an accurate max retry count and use that. If it could be put in a header, great, or at least have an API call that could give me that info.

Thanks,
Derek

Derek Perkins

Apr 29, 2015, 7:36:29 PM4/29/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if there is a way to retrieve task metadata that is set on task creation?